IFTTT is the world’s largest connectivity platform for smart product and service development. With 18M users, 135k developers and over 650 enterprise services on the platform, we are the emerging standard for how digital brands work together in a world where everything is quickly becoming an internet service. With customers such as Dominos, Honeywell, Philips and hundreds more, IFTTT is becoming an essential integration platform for the world’s most innovative companies. Our products have enabled over 100 million connections. We believe every thing works better together.
An integration with the IFTTT Platform turns an API into a robust developer ecosystem that currently drives user engagement, retention and new revenue streams via connected products and services.
You believe that speed is a feature and that anything can be automated. You are passionate about the design and deployment of large-scale systems and take pride in the reliability of your services. You enjoy the detective work of solving mysteries through the strategic use of metrics and logging.
You’ll join a small team tackling huge challenges in system design, automation, and developer happiness. As one of the first members of the system performance team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the future of automation at a company that’s processing over 500 million API events per day and growing.
What you will do:
- Continuously improve user experience through attention to service reliability and performance as our service grows in usage and capability
- Investigate and solve hard problems at the core of the system
- Architect, develop, and deploy improvements to IFTTT’s core runtime platform
- Enhance tools for monitoring, logging, and alerting
- Evaluate and decide the best ways to use AWS, Mesos, Docker and other similar technologies to support IFTTT services
- Coach software engineers in building and maintaining services that scale to millions of users and billions of transactions per day
Key qualifications we are looking for:
- Established track record building systems to support web services at scale
- Understanding of modern multi-tiered web application architecture, including application-tiers, load balancing, databases, network, and web/mobile clients
- Strength in system design and debugging with advanced deductive reasoning
- Experience in Ruby, Python, or Go
- Familiarity with Mesos, Docker, and Chef (or similar technologies)
- Production experience with AWS
- Knowledge of current infrastructure landscape and best practices
- Desire to automate processes away and continue building stable systems
- Great collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
Benefits & Perks
- Fast-paced and collaborative environment where you will regularly engage with our senior leadership
- Competitive compensation
- Health (medical, dental & vision), Transit, Flex Spending & 401(k) benefits
- Meaningful Equity
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Annual Always Learning Allowance
- Catered lunch 2 days a week
- Snacks and Bevs
- Dog-friendly office