You believe that speed is a feature and that anything can be automated. You are passionate about the design and deployment of large-scale systems and take pride in the reliability of your services. You enjoy the detective work of solving mysteries through the strategic use of metrics and logging.
You’ll join a tiny team tackling huge challenges in system design, automation, and developer happiness. As one of the first members of the infrastructure team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the future of infrastructure at a company that’s processing over one billion API events per day and growing.
Read about how IFTTT is using containers to increase developer happiness - Developing with Docker
What will you do?
- Continuously improve user experience through attention to service reliability and performance as our service grows in usage and capability
- Build the IFTTT platform using AWS, Mesos, and Docker
- Investigate and solve hard problems at the lowest levels of the system
- Architect, develop, and deploy tools for monitoring, logging, and alerting
What key qualifications are we looking for?
- 6+ years of experience or equivalent demonstrated ability to build systems to support consumer web services at scale
- Familiarity with Mesos, Docker, and Chef (or similar technologies)
- Experience with large database operation
- Production experience with AWS
- Deep knowledge of current infrastructure landscape and best practices
- Expert in system design and debugging with advanced deductive reasoning
- Desire to automate processes away and build systems to avoid fire-fighting
- Great collaboration and teamwork skills