Your garden, whether it’s the size of a sports field or sitting on your kitchen windowsill, can be a fun project for your home. Taking pride in your yard or dedicating time to cultivating a new vegetable can be simplified and automated with different connected services. We have created a roundup of neat services and useful Applets to keep your garden green and healthy all year long!
Check out brands like Yardian, Rachio, and Husqvarna to get started to read ahead to check out our tips.
Learn to Garden
For aspiring horticulturists, reading about plant care and setting up a watering schedule can be extremely helpful first steps. There is even an Applet to remind you to bring in your plants if the temperature dips!
Automate lawn care
Gone are the days of spending hours a week moving the lawn. Husqavarna, Robolinho, and Indego Connect are just some of the smart lawn mower options that are IFTTT-enabled.
Use these automations to keep your grass beautifully tended to without the hassle of getting grass all over your pants. With Applets, you can avoid cutting the grass when the soil is wet or run your mower before you host a garden party.
Check out our other lawn care automations and popular Applets here.
- Show consideration for wildlife in your garden by parking your mower overnight
- Send robot mower Robolinho® home (stop mowing), when it starts raining
- Ask Alexa to start mowing the lawn.
- Send Indego Connect to the dock when I have a BBQ in the garden.
- Park mower if weather forecast predicts frost or heavy rain
- When MIYO starts irrigating the lawn, send Indego Connect to the dock.
- Notify your neighbour when your mower needs attention
Applets for irrigation and watering schedules
Many weather systems and irrigation devices integrate with IFTTT. This makes it simple to adhere to a regular watering schedule, keep track of when you last watered your plants, learn more about the moisture in your garden, and even use weather as a trigger. Your garden will flourish without the hassle of trying to remember if you watered it. Optimize your irrigation schedule further by watering after sunset to avoid sun damage or wasted water due to evaporation. Check out Yardian and Rachio for some powerful automations and new ways to automate your watering.
- Start a zone at the time you wish
- IF I press a Button widget, THEN start a zone
- Delay my Rachio Sprinkler cycle when it rains.
- Start watering a zone with a single press of a button
- If the outside temperature rises above, start a RainMachine zone.
- Stop watering with your RainMachine sprinklers in high winds.
The complete list of IFTTT-enabled services for gardening and lawn care
Explore all of the IFTTT enabled services and their connections to make your own Applet today!