IFTTT gets all your apps and devices talking to each other. Not everything on the Internet plays nice, so we’re on a mission to build a more connected world. There are over 600 apps and devices including Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Twitter, BMW, Fitbit, Dropbox and Samsung available on IFTTT. We believe creative control of the services we use should be intuitive and accessible to everyone.
As a Systems Engineer, you will design and build the core systems at the heart of IFTTT. Using your understanding of the complexities of queues, caches, and counters at scale, the distributed systems you work on will enable us to run billions of events a day. You will balance both big-picture architectural concerns and nitty-gritty optimizations.
You will be joining a close-knit team of experienced and talented engineers, building systems that keep tens of millions of applets running in a cloud environment.
What you will do:
- Architect, build, and support systems for scheduling and data processing at scale
- Design and build APIs for integrating the IFTTT platform with external partners, as well as internal system communication
- Improve the IFTTT user experience through continuous improvement of the speed, security, and reliability of the IFTTT platform and client applications
Key qualifications we are looking for:
- Experience building systems for high volume transaction processing
- Deep understanding of messaging, scheduling, and queuing architectures
- Able to design and build elegant, usable, and robust APIs
- Advanced knowledge of Ruby, Java, and/or Scala
- Familiarity with Mesos or Docker
- BS in Computer Science or related field