You’re an expert in distributed system architecture and API design at scale. You’ve built and supported systems that manage massive amounts of data and work, and you understand the complexities of queues, caches, and counters at scale. You can think about large-scale web systems both in terms of big-picture concerns and nitty-gritty optimizations.
You’ll join a team of experienced and talented engineers, building systems that keep tens of millions of Applets running in real-time in a cloud environment.
What will you do?
- Architect, build, and support systems for scheduling and data processing at scale
- Design and build APIs for integrating the IFTTT platform with external partners, as well as internal system communication
- Improve the IFTTT user experience through continuous improvement of the speed, security, and reliability of the IFTTT platform and client applications
What key qualifications are we looking for?
- Experience building systems for high volume transaction processing
- Deep understanding of messaging, scheduling, and queuing architectures
- Able to design and build elegant, usable, and robust APIs
- Expert knowledge of Ruby, Java, and/or Scala
- Familiarity with Mesos or Docker
- BS in Computer Science or related field