The IFTTT Plugin is now the IFTTT Assistant GPT. Learn more through this blog here:
In this guide, you'll learn what a ChatGPT plugin is, and how to enable the IFTTT plugin. We’ll also cover the functionality and explore real-world examples that can enhance your daily life. Let's get started!
What is a ChatGPT plugin?
Much like plugins and extensions for other software, a ChatGPT plugin is designed to enhance your user experience by adding extra functionality. Specifically, the IFTTT plugin allows you to connect ChatGPT with over 800 other apps and services. That's a lot of power at your fingertips!
Before diving in, there are a couple of prerequisites:
- You'll need an IFTTT account, which you can sign up for free and even try some pro features.
- You'll also need a ChatGPT Plus account.
How to enable the IFTTT plugin
- Log into your ChatGPT account.
- Make sure you have plugins enabled in Settings & beta > Beta features.
- Click the dropdown menu at the top center of the messaging console.
- Choose the option at the bottom, labeled "Plugin Store."
- Search for "IFTTT" and install it.
- Click the circle next to IFTTT to enable the plugin.
- Congratulations, you're now set to explore its functionalities!
Core functions of the IFTTT plugin
1. Retrieve user information You can ask ChatGPT for your IFTTT username or email, much like checking your profile on social media platforms.
2. Get services This function will list all the active services you've connected to your IFTTT account. For example, you can prompt, "Show me all of my connected IFTTT services."
3. Search services You can search for specific services by name. For instance, you can ask, "Is my Google Drive connected to IFTTT?"
4. Get actions This function will retrieve a list of available actions for a specific service. For example, you can ask, "What actions can I perform with Google Calendar on IFTTT?"
5. Run action This function allows you to execute an action for a specific service. For instance, you can send a tweet saying, "Hello world," without even opening Twitter.
6. Get queries This function will list available queries for a specific service. Note that this is a pro feature. You can ask, "What queries can I run on Google Drive via IFTTT?"
7. Run query This function lets you execute a query for a specific service. For example, you can ask, "Is my smart thermostat set to 72 degrees?"
Real-world use cases
1. Content planning:
- You can ask ChatGPT to generate topics based on a list of SEO keywords and then prompt, "Add these as new tasks in ClickUp."
- Create a project in Asana for a new content series then add tasks to it.
2. Social media management:
- You can post to Twitter using tasks in your ClickUp folder.
- Post a message to a channel on Discord
- Ask for a list of new YouTube subscribers.
- Share an update on LinkedIn
3. Lead generation:
- You can ask to invite all leads in Constant Contact to a Zoom webinar
- A contact to a customer list with their email address
- You can send reminders to your phone or email inbox.
- Create a quick event in Google Meet to finish expense reporting this month on the 31st.
5. Personal use
- Outside of work, you can write a flattering haiku about your grandmother and email it to yourself.
- Ask Alexa for the history of recently played music
The IFTTT plugin for ChatGPT offers a wide range of that can simplify your life and boost your productivity. From automating tasks to fetching information, the sky's the limit. Feel free to share how you're using it in the comments below.
Try it out today
Join IFTTT to automate over 800 tools with ChatGPT