IFTTT is, at its core, a platform for data exchange. We collect petabytes of data on the usage of our products. The mission of the data team is to help our entire company use data effectively to drive product, engineering, and business decisions, and ultimately, improve our users’ experiences with our product.
We are looking for an experienced data engineer to join our team. We are small, we move fast, and we love new technologies. You will have the opportunity to work with huge amounts of data from numerous sources, pioneer new ways to manage and interpret data, and collaborate closely with other smart and curious people to influence the future of IFTTT and the future of data exchange on the internet.
What will you do?
- Build and maintain data pipelines to ingest massive amounts of user-generated and system-generated data
- Build a streaming infrastructure to enable teams to move quickly and get accurate data with minimal delay
- Build data products to personalize content, monitor product performances and improve end user experience
- Collaborate with other teams to instrument, measure and test new feature launches across a full stack
What key qualifications are we looking for?
- 3+ years in data engineering or related fields
- Deep understanding of MapReduce and “big data” tools like Pig, Hive, or Spark
- Knowledge of streaming technologies like Kafka, Kinesis, or Storm
- Experience with MPP data warehouses like Redshift, or Vertica
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Use and contribute to open source technologies
- BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and Statistics a plus