IFTTT is, at its core, a platform for data exchange. We collect petabytes of data on the usage of our products. The mission of the data team is to help internal teams make data-informed decisions, help users get more value out of IFTTT, and productize the data from users and partners to grow the IFTTT ecosystem.
What you will do:
- Work closely with product and engineering to define, instrument, and measure product performance
- Understand complex data and communicate those understandings clearly
- Own the data used in product decisions, support the team in development of new products and improvement of existing products
- Provide a critical voice in how products are evaluated, ensure that the product team has good data to understand the performance of products, analyze experiment results and learn from them
- Participate as an active member of the Data team to improve the quality and availability of data provided to the rest of the company and to partners
- Explore and advocate for ways to use data to make IFTTT a better product
Key qualifications We are looking for:
- Strong statistical background, masters or above in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or a similar field.
- Fluent in tools such as Hive/Redshift/BigQuery, Python, Spark, and Pandas/R
- Experience in product analytics and modeling using production data
- Experience working closely with product team to evaluate performance of products and features
- Experience creating and working with data products used in production