IFTTT is, at its core, a platform for data exchange. We collect terabytes of data on the usage of our products. The mission of the data team is to help our entire company use data effectively to drive product, engineering, and business decisions, and ultimately, improve our users’ experiences with our product.
We are looking for an experienced data scientist to join our team. We are small, we move fast, and we love new technologies. As a founding member of the team, you'll have a huge opportunity to shape the future of the internet — and IFTTT! You'll be able to take ownership and make an impact.
What will you do?
- Uncover insights in the data that help us build a better product
- Help us recommend the best Applets and services to users
- Work with product and engineering to define, instrument, and measure product performance
- Design and run experiments
- Build analytics tools to monitor and improve how partners integrate and use the IFTTT platform
What key qualifications are we looking for?
- Deep understanding of statistics
- 4+ experience in data science or data engineering
- Experience working with big data using tools like Hive, Redshift, Spark, or similar
- Experience with ETL jobs, metrics, alerting, and logging
- Ability to work autonomously to recommend new ways to instrument data points, run experiments, craft brand new data products, or try new technologies
- Knowledge of Machine Learning a plus