Popular Day One and Spotify workflows and automations
- Spotify "Saved Track" saved to Day One
- Spotify to Day One
- Spotify Saved Track to Day One Journal
- Spotify to Day One Journal
Useful Day One and Spotify integrations
Triggers (If this)
- New followed showThis trigger fires every time you follow a new show on Spotify.
- New saved episodeThis Trigger fires every time you save a new episode to your library on Spotify.
- New saved trackThis Trigger fires every time you save a new track to Your Music on Spotify.
- New show from searchThis trigger fires every time a new show appears in your search
- New recently played trackThis trigger fires every time you have played a new track on Spotify.
- New saved albumThis trigger fires every time you save a new album to Your Music on Spotify.
- New episode from a followed showThis Trigger fires every time a followed show releases a new episode on Spotify.
- New episode from searchThis trigger fires every time a new episode is released that matches your search
- New track added to a playlistThis Trigger fires every time a new track is added to a playlist you specify.
- Search artistsThis query returns a list of artists matching a query.
- Get artist detailsThis query returns information about a given artist.
- Search albumsThis query returns the albums that match the given query.
- Get album detailsThis query returns details for a given album.
- Get artists for albumThis query will return artists for a given album.
- Get tracks for albumThis query returns the tracks on an album.
- Search tracksThis query returns the tracks on Spotify that match the given query.
- Get track detailsThis query returns details about a track.
- Get artists for trackThis query returns a track's artists.
- Search playlistsThis query returns a list of matching playlists given a query.
- Get tracks from a playlistThis query returns the tracks on a playlist.
- Get user's saved tracksThis query returns the user's saved tracks.
- Get user's saved playlistsThis query returns the user's saved playlists.
- History of new saved tracksThis query fires every time you save a new track to Your Music on Spotify.
- History of new track addition to a playlistThis query returns a list of events when a new track was added to a playlist you specify.
- Recently Played TracksThis query returns the recently played tracks on Spotify.
- Currently playing trackThis query returns the track that is currently playing on Spotify.
- Get audio features from a trackThis query returns the audio feature from a track
- Get user top tracksThis query returns your top tracks
- Get track recommendationsThis query returns track recommendations based on your top tracks.
- Get show detailsThis query returns details for a given show.
- Get show episodesThis query returns available episodes for a given show.
- Get featured playlistsThis query returns a list of featured playlists.
Actions (Then that)
- Skip trackThis action will skip to next track in the current playback queue on Spotify. Only available for Spotify premium accounts.
- Create Journal EntryThis Action will create a new Journal entry in the Journal you specify.
- Pause playbackThis action will pause current playback on Spotify. Only available for Spotify premium accounts.
- Add track to playback queueThis action will add a track you specify to the end of current playback queue on Spotify. Only available for Spotify premium accounts.
- Add track to a playlist by TrackIDThis Action will add a track to a playlist given a TrackID
- Save a trackThis Action will search for a track you specify and save the first matching result to Your Music on Spotify.
- Follow a playlistThis action will follow a playlist you specify. It accepts Spotify Playlist IDs.
- Start playbackStart a new context or resume current playback on the user’s active device. Only available for Spotify premium accounts.
- Add track to a playlistThis Action will search for a track and add the first result to a playlist you specify.
Day One and Spotify resources
Five automations that will change your life 2023
There are endless ways to automate your life, with millions of Applets and unique ways to combine the services, devices, and apps you use every day. Getting started can feel overwhelming because there are so many opportunities to save...
Applets for music lovers 2023
Save Spotify Discover Weekly, share Soundcloud likes, log songs played on Amazon Echo — there's so much you can do when you connect your tunes to IFTTT.
The 8 Best Apps for Freelance Writers in 2023
Explore our recommendations for the best apps for freelance writers and learn how you can build helpful automations quickly with IFTTT.
GIFTTT guide: For your next gift exchange
Gifting your friends or family smart devices gives them the ability to customize their home to meet their lifestyle as well as opportunities to optimize their place for eco-efficiency. You may have a smart device or company that you have...
Guide to automations for music 2023
Your favorite music streaming service works better with IFTTT. Music lovers and artists can improve their music experience through automation. Build playlists, get inspiration, and keep track of the songs you are loving every day.
How to see Spotify Wrapped in 2022
If you're a Spotify user, then you know that the most wonderful time of the year is upon us once again: Spotify Wrapped is coming soon!