Popular Email and WeMo Smart Plug workflows and automations
- Turn on WeMo
- Mail to turn WeMo On
- Toggle WeMo Switch on Email
- Email IFTTT with #wemooff in the subject to turn off WeMo Switch
- new email = blinky lights
- Wemo for Pebble Toggle
- E-mail using #on, turns on
- E-mail using #off, turns off
- E-mail using #onoff, turns on and off
Useful Email and WeMo Smart Plug integrations
Triggers (If this)
- Switched onThis Trigger fires every time your WeMo Switch is turned on.
- Send IFTTT any emailSend IFTTT any email at firstname.lastname@example.org and this Trigger fires. You can optionally add a single file attachment and IFTTT will create a public URL to the file as an Ingredient. This trigger will reject emails with attachments over 30MB.
- Switched offThis Trigger fires every time your WeMo Switch is turned off.
- Send IFTTT an email taggedSend IFTTT an email at email@example.com with a hashtag in the subject (e.g. #IFTTT) and this Trigger fires. You can optionally add a single file attachment (up to 30MB) and IFTTT will create a public URL to the file as an Ingredient.
Actions (Then that)
- Turn onThis Action will turn a WeMo Switch on. If the WeMo Switch is already on, it will remain on.
- Send me an emailThis Action will send you an HTML based email. Images and links are supported.
- Turn offThis Action will turn a WeMo Switch off. If the WeMo Switch is already off, it will remain off.
- Turn on then offThis Action will turn a WeMo Switch on then immediately back off.
- Turn off then onThis Action will turn a WeMo Switch off then immediately back on.
- Toggle on/offThis Action will toggle a WeMo Switch on or off.
Email and WeMo Smart Plug resources
GIFTTT guide: For your next gift exchange
Gifting your friends or family smart devices gives them the ability to customize their home to meet their lifestyle as well as opportunities to optimize their place for eco-efficiency. You may have a smart device or company that you have...
Automations for renters
The internet of things isn't just for homeowners. Learn how smart devices without tricky installations can help you get started on the smart home of your dreams.