Other popular Philips Hue workflows and automations
- "Alexa, trigger self destruct"
- Blink your Hue lights every night when it's time for bed
- Turn off all your Hue lights at night
- Toggle your lights on/off
- If temperature drops below freezing, turn Hue bulbs ice blue.
- Tell Alexa to start the party and put your lights on a color loop
- Automatically turn your Hue lights blue whenever it starts to rain
- Change the lights to a random color
- If it begins to rain then change the light colors to blue
Useful Philips Hue and LIFX integrations
Actions (Then that)
- Set a scene in a roomThis Action well set a scene on your hue lights. NOTE: in order to add lights to a room, you must be using the newest version of the Hue app
- Move lightsThis Action will make your LIXF Z lights move in a pattern.
- Turn on lightsThis Action will turn on your hue lights.
- Turn lights onThis Action will turn your lights on.
- Turn off lightsThis Action will turn off your hue lights.
- Turn lights offThis Action will turn your lights off.
- Toggle lights on/offThis Action will toggle your hue lights on or off.
- Toggle lights on/offThis Action will turn your lights off if they are on, and turn them on if they are off.
- Blink lightsThis Action will briefly turn your hue lights off then back on.
- Activate sceneThis Action will activate a Scene.
- Dim lightsThis Action will dim or brighten your hue lights to a value between 0-100.
- Change color of lightsThis Action will change the color of your lights.
- Change colorThis Action will change the color of your hue lights. NOTE: Accepts color names and CSS hex color values. Defaults to white if no color match is found. NOTE: not compatible with hue lux bulbs.
- Blink lightsThis Action will make your lights quickly blink the color of your choice.
- Change to random colorThis Action will change your hue lights to a randomly selected color. NOTE: not compatible with hue lux bulbs.
- Breathe lightsThis Action will make your lights slowly breathe the color of your choice.
- Change color from imageThis Action will change the color of your hue lights to match the dominant colors found in an image you specify. NOTE: not compatible with hue lux bulbs.
- Start Clean CycleTurn on the Clean Cycle of your LIFX Clean to it's default duration
- Turn on color loopThis Action will turn on a slow color loop effect for your hue lights. NOTE: not compatible with hue lux bulbs.
- Stop Clean CycleTurn off the Clean Cycle of your LIFX Clean
Philips Hue and LIFX resources
Now that's a bright idea — fun and functional smart lighting
With millions of potential color and brightness combinations, smart lighting is both highly functional and immensely fun! We've rounded up our favorite IFTTT-compatible smart lights to help you get started.
Automations for renters
The internet of things isn't just for homeowners. Learn how smart devices without tricky installations can help you get started on the smart home of your dreams.
How to automate your smart home
IFTTT makes your smart home work better together. Integration between smart devices in your home can be a complex process involving different subscriptions, hubs, and systems. Click to learn how to automate your home.
6 Smart Light Ideas for Connected, Automated Home Lighting
Check out our best smart light ideas and learn how you can set up connected lighting in minutes with IFTTT!
Best smart lights and automatic home lighting (2023)
Click to learn about the best smart lights and automatic home lighting (2023).
Smart home automation ideas that'll make your life easier
Check out our best home automation ideas and learn how you can set them up in minutes with IFTTT!