Popular Philips Hue and Space workflows and automations
- Rain down color when the ISS passes over a specfic location
- Change your light color to match NASA's Astronomy picture of the day
- If the ISS passes over your location, change your Phillips Hue lights to space purple.
- Send your lights into a color loop when the ISS passes overhead
- If ISS passes over your location blink all Philips Hue lights
- Astronaut Enters Space
- Change the color of the lights when the Space Station flies over a specific location.
- Blink lights when space station goes above you
Useful Philips Hue and Space integrations
Triggers (If this)
- Breaking news by NASAThis Trigger fires every time breaking news is released by NASA.
- Image of the day by NASAThis Trigger fires every time NASA posts to the Image of the Day Gallery.
- Astronomy picture of the day by NASAThis Trigger fires every time NASA posts a new Astronomy Picture of the Day.
- Astronaut enters spaceThis Trigger fires every time an astronaut enters space.
- Astronaut exits spaceThis Trigger fires every time an astronaut exits space.
- ISS passes over a specific locationThis Trigger fires every time the International Space Station passes over a location you specify. NOTE: the ISS completes 15.5 orbits per day.
- ISS on-orbit status reportThis Trigger fires every time the International Space Station posts a new On-Orbit Status Report.
- Season changes on MarsThis Trigger fires every time the season changes on Mars according to the Curiosity Rover's location.
Actions (Then that)
- Set a scene in a roomThis Action well set a scene on your hue lights. NOTE: in order to add lights to a room, you must be using the newest version of the Hue app
- Turn on lightsThis Action will turn on your hue lights.
- Turn off lightsThis Action will turn off your hue lights.
- Toggle lights on/offThis Action will toggle your hue lights on or off.
- Blink lightsThis Action will briefly turn your hue lights off then back on.
- Dim lightsThis Action will dim or brighten your hue lights to a value between 0-100.
- Change colorThis Action will change the color of your hue lights. NOTE: Accepts color names and CSS hex color values. Defaults to white if no color match is found. NOTE: not compatible with hue lux bulbs.
- Change to random colorThis Action will change your hue lights to a randomly selected color. NOTE: not compatible with hue lux bulbs.
- Change color from imageThis Action will change the color of your hue lights to match the dominant colors found in an image you specify. NOTE: not compatible with hue lux bulbs.
- Turn on color loopThis Action will turn on a slow color loop effect for your hue lights. NOTE: not compatible with hue lux bulbs.
Philips Hue and Space resources
7-Philips Hue ideas to Automate Your Home
Check out our best Philips Hue light ideas and learn how you can create lighting automations in minutes with IFTTT!
Smart home automation ideas that'll make your life easier
Check out our best home automation ideas and learn how you can set them up in minutes with IFTTT!
Philips Hue Applets
Smart lights can be customized to create ambiance and change the atmosphere of your space. Automations can transform what you can do with your lights using custom phrases from your voice assistant, widget, time-based settings, and more....
Automations for renters
The internet of things isn't just for homeowners. Learn how smart devices without tricky installations can help you get started on the smart home of your dreams.
How to automate your smart home
IFTTT makes your smart home work better together. Integration between smart devices in your home can be a complex process involving different subscriptions, hubs, and systems. Click to learn how to automate your home.
Gift guide: For the new home owner 2023
Gifting your friends or family smart devices gives them the ability to customize their home to meet their lifestyle as well as opportunities to optimize their place for eco-efficiency. You may have a smart device or company that you have...