Other popular Philips Hue workflows and automations
- Tell Alexa to start the party and put your lights on a color loop
- Enable "Sexy Time" Hue Lights With Amazon Alexa
- Automatically turn off your Hue lights at midnight every day
- Turn lights out for bed with Alexa and hue
- Start a party! Put your lights into disco mode
- Randomize the color of my lights every hour
- Set your Philips Hue lights to match the album art of your most recently saved track on Spotify
- Automatically turn on the lights at sunset
- If temperature drops below freezing, turn Hue bulbs ice blue.
Useful Philips Hue and Yeelight integrations
- Current power stateThis query returns the on/off state of the device you choose
- Get LightsThis query returns all lights of the bridge.
- Current color temperature valueThis query returns the color temperature value of the device you choose
- Current color valueThis query returns the color value of the device you choose
- Current brightness valueThis query returns the brightness of the device you choose
Actions (Then that)
- Set a scene in a roomThis Action well set a scene on your hue lights. NOTE: in order to add lights to a room, you must be using the newest version of the Hue app
- Toggle lights on/offThis Action will turn on, turn off or toggle your lights.
- Turn on lightsThis Action will turn on your hue lights.
- Set brightnessThis Action will set your lights to a specified brightness.
- Turn off lightsThis Action will turn off your hue lights.
- Change colorThis Action will change your lights to a specified color.
- Toggle lights on/offThis Action will toggle your hue lights on or off.
- Change color temperatureThis Action will change your lights to specified color temperature.
- Blink lightsThis Action will briefly turn your hue lights off then back on.
- Set sceneThis Action will set your lights to a pre-defined scene.
- Dim lightsThis Action will dim or brighten your hue lights to a value between 0-100.
- Change brightnessThis action will change your light's brightness to the specified level.
- Change colorThis Action will change the color of your hue lights. NOTE: Accepts color names and CSS hex color values. Defaults to white if no color match is found. NOTE: not compatible with hue lux bulbs.
- Change to random colorThis Action will change your hue lights to a randomly selected color. NOTE: not compatible with hue lux bulbs.
- Change color from imageThis Action will change the color of your hue lights to match the dominant colors found in an image you specify. NOTE: not compatible with hue lux bulbs.
- Turn on color loopThis Action will turn on a slow color loop effect for your hue lights. NOTE: not compatible with hue lux bulbs.
Philips Hue and Yeelight resources
6 Smart Light Ideas for Connected, Automated Home Lighting
Check out our best smart light ideas and learn how you can set up connected lighting in minutes with IFTTT!
How to automate your smart home
IFTTT makes your smart home work better together. Integration between smart devices in your home can be a complex process involving different subscriptions, hubs, and systems. Click to learn how to automate your home.
Now that's a bright idea — fun and functional smart lighting
With millions of potential color and brightness combinations, smart lighting is both highly functional and immensely fun! We've rounded up our favorite IFTTT-compatible smart lights to help you get started.